Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Advantages of Interactive Whiteboard Use

There are many advantages of using interactive whiteboards in your lessons. The first year I used an interactive whiteboard in my third grade math lessons, my students' state scores went up dramatically compared to the previous year where I hadn't used it.

One thing that I noticed right away was that the students were totally focused on the lesson. The interactive white board is very bright and I added colors and images to the lesson pages which made it appealing to the students.

Another thing that I noticed was that less time was wasted because I did not have to write the problems on the board. The problems were just one click away. Yes, I had to put in time to create the lesson pages, but it paid off during the lesson. Because less time was wasted, it gave the students less time to fool around.

I made the lessons interactive, where the students could come up and try the problems on the interactive board. They were very excited about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment